You’ve created a Google My Business page and now you want to make some edits. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do just that.
Checkout this video:
Introduction: Why you should edit your Google Business page
As a business owner, you know that it’s important to have an online presence. You also know that one of the first places potential customers will look for information about your business is Google.
That’s why it’s so important to make sure your Google Business page is up-to-date and includes accurate information about your business, such as your hours, location, and contact information.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to edit your Google Business page so you can keep your information accurate and turn potential customers into actual ones.
How to sign in and access your Google Business page
To sign in and access your Google business page:
1. Go to business.google.com and sign in with your Google Account. If you don’t have a Google Account, you can create one.
2. On the left side of the page, click Pages.
3. From the list of pages, click the page you want to manage. If you have multiple pages, use the drop-down menu at the top of the list to choose the account that contains the page you want to manage.
How to edit your business name, address, and phone number
You can edit your business name, address, and phone number from your Google My Business account. These changes will appear on your Google Business page,
GMail, and Maps.
To edit your business name:
1. Sign into your Google My Business account
2. Select the name of your business
3. Click “Info” from the menu on the left-hand side
4. Click the section you’d like to edit
5. Make your changes
6. Click “Apply”
How to add or change your business hours
You can add or change your business hours by editing your business information. Google My Business updates across Google Search and Maps about every two weeks, although in some cases it can take longer.
Here’s how to edit your business information:
1. On the left side of the page, click Info.
2. If you see the message “You currently don’t have a website,” enter a URL for your website. If you have a website but don’t see the message, skip to step 3.
3. To the right of each piece of information that you want to change, click Edit . If you don’t see the pencil icon or message, that means you can’t make changes to that piece of information. For example, you won’t be able to change your name or category if your listing is verified by another method. You also won’t be able to edit information that’s been synced from another directory, like asYellow Pages or Foursquare.
4. Make your changes and click Save .
How to add a description of your business
Adding a description to your Google My Business page is a great way to inform potential customers about what your business does. To add or edit your business description:
1. Sign in to Google My Business.
2. If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage.
3. Click Info from the menu.
4. Scroll down to the “Introductory Text” section, then click Edit .
5. Enter a new description, then click Save .
How to add photos to your Google Business page
Adding photos to your Google Business page is a great way to show potential customers what your business is all about. You can add photos of your products, your store, or your staff. To add photos to your page, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Google My Business account.
2. Select the business you’d like to add photos to.
3. Click on the “Photos” tab.
4. Click on the “Add photo” button.
5. Select the photos you’d like to upload from your computer.
6. Add a caption for each photo (optional).
7. Click on the “Publish” button.
How to add your company logo
If you’d like to upload your company logo to your Business page, you can do so via the “Photos” tab. To get there, click on the three lines in the top left corner of your screen, and then select “Photos.”
Once you’re in the “Photos” tab, click on the blue button that says “Upload Photos” in the top right corner of your screen. From there, you can either drag and drop your logo into the provided space, or you can click on the words “Select a file from your computer.”
Once you have chosen your logo, make sure that it is positioned correctly within the frame by clicking and dragging it until it looks just right. Once you are happy with how it looks, click on the blue button that says “Save Changes.”
How to verify your business on Google
Google is the most widely used search engine in the world, so it’s no surprise that many businesses want to make sure their company appears when customers are looking for products or services they offer. Verifying your business on Google is one way to help ensure that your business information is accurate and up-to-date, and that customers can find you easily when they search for you online.
The verification process varies depending on the type of business you have, but in general, you’ll need to provide some basic information about your business and then follow the instructions to verify via mail or phone. Here’s a step-by-step guide to verifying your business on Google.
Why you should claim your Google Business page
If you haven’t already claimed your Google Business page, now is the time to do so. Here’s why: when you claim your page, you gain control of the information that appears about your business when it comes up in a search. You can also use your page to post updates and special offers, and to interact with customers who leave reviews.
To claim your Google Business page, log into your Google account and go to business.google.com. Search for your business by name and location, then follow the prompts to verify that you are the owner or authorized representative. Once you’ve claimed your page, take some time to fill out all of the available information (such as business hours, website, etc.) and add photos. Customers will appreciate having all of the important details in one place, and you’ll be more likely to show up in search results if your page is complete.
How to get started with Google My Business
If you manage a local business, you may want to create a Google My Business page. This will allow customers to find your business more easily on Google Maps and other Google platforms.
Creating and managing your Google My Business page is free, but it does take some time and effort to set up. Here’s a guide on how to get started:
1) Go to business.google.com and sign in with your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one for free.
2) Enter your business name and address in the search bar. If your business doesn’t show up, you can add it yourself by clicking “Add your business.”
3) Follow the instructions to verify your business. This usually involves receiving a postcard from Google with a verification code that you’ll need to enter on the website.
4) Once your business is verified, you can start adding information about it. Include photos, hours of operation, contact information, etc. Be as complete as possible so potential customers can get a good idea of what your business is all about.
5) Keeping your information updated is important, so check back regularly and make changes as needed. You can also use Google My Business Insights to see how customers are interacting with your page.