If you’re looking to edit your Google Business Listing, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make changes to your listing so that it accurately reflects your business.
Checkout this video:
Introduction: Why you should edit your Google Business Listing
As a business owner, it’s important to make sure your Google Business Listing is accurate and up-to-date. Your listing is what comes up when someone searches for your business on Google, so you want to make sure it includes the latest information about your business, such as your address, hours, phone number, and website.
It’s also important to keep your business information consistent across all platforms, including your Google Business Listing. This helps potential customers find your business more easily, and can also improve your search engine optimization (SEO).
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to edit your Google Business Listing:
1. Go to google.com/business and sign in with the account you used to create your business listing. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one for free.
2. On the left-hand side of the screen, click “Info”.
3. To edit any of the information in your listing, click the pencil icon next to the section you want to change. For example, if you want to change your hours of operation, click the pencil icon next to “Hours”.
4. Make your changes and click “Apply”.
5. To add new information, such as photos or services offered, scroll down to the section titled “What else should we know about your business?” and click “Add Section”. Then follow the prompts to add the new information.
6 Once you’re finished making changes, click “Publish Changes” in the top right-hand corner of the screen
How to sign in and access your Google Business Listing
If you’ve claimed your business listing on Google, you can edit your business information using the Google My Business app or on the web.
To sign in:
-Open the Google My Business app .
-Tap Menu , then choose the account that you want to use.
-If you have multiple business listings, tap the one that you’d like to manage.
-At the top right of your screen, tap More , then Edit business information.
Alternatively, you can follow these steps to sign in on the web:
-Go to google.com/business.
-If you have multiple business listings, open the one that you’d like to manage.
-Click Info from the Menu .
-At the top right of your screen, click Edit .
How to edit your business name, address, and phone number
If you manage a Google My Business listing, you can edit your business name, address, and phone number directly from your Google My Business dashboard.
To edit your business name, address, and phone number:
-Sign in to Google My Business.
-If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage.
-Click Info from the menu.
-Click the section you’d like to edit (if it’s not already open). Depending on what information is currently in that section, you may see different options for editing it. For example:
--To edit your business name or phone number, clickEdit name or Edit phone number.
--To change your business category, clickEdit categories.
--To add service area information or make changes to your address (like suite number or postal code), clickChange address.
--For all other edits, clickApply changes.
-Enter your new information and then click Apply.
How to add or change your business category
If you’re a business owner, you can add your business to Google and choose a category that best describes what you do. You can also edit your business information, like your hours or website.
On your computer, open Google My Business.
If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage.
Click Info from the menu.
Below your business name, click the section you want to edit:
Basic info: Change your business name, address, or phone number.
Categories: Add up to 5 categories that describe what type of business you have. For example: ” Thai restaurant,” ” law firm,” or ” dog groomer.” Learn more about adding categories to your listing.
Photos: Add photos of your business, logo, products, or employees.
How to add photos to your Google Business Listing
Adding photos to your Google Business Listing is a great way to show potential customers what your business looks like and what you have to offer. Here’s how to do it:
1. Sign in to Google My Business.
2. If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to add photos for.
3. Click Photos in the left menu.
4. Click +Add photos, then choose how you’d like to upload your photos:
– Upload photos: Select this option to upload individual photos from your computer, phone, or tablet. You can add up to 10 photos per location at a time.
– Drag and drop photos: Select this option if you’d like to drag and drop multiple photos from your computer onto your listing. You can add up to 50 photos per location at a time using this method.
5. Once you’ve selected the photos you want to add, click Done picking images (Android) or Continue (iPhone/iPad), then select the checkmark next to each photo that you want to include in your listing. Finally, click Save at the top of the page
How to add a business description to your Google Business Listing
In order to add a business description to your Google Business Listing, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to your Google My Business account.
2. Select the business you’d like to edit.
3. Click Info from the menu.
4. Scroll down to the “Introduction” section and click Edit .
How to add your business hours
If you manage a business that has set hours, you can let your customers know by adding business hours to your Google Maps listing. Here’s how:
1. Sign in to Google My Business.
2. Choose the location you’d like to add business hours for.
3. On the “Info” tab, scroll down to “Add business hours” and click Edit .
4. Check the days of the week that your business is open, then enter your hours using the drop-down menus. If your business has different hours on different days, click + Add Hours for each set of hours.
5. When you’re done, click Apply .
How to add your business website
You can add your business website by:
1. Go to google.com/business
2. Click “Start Now” in the top right corner
3. Enter your business name and address
4. Click “Add your business website”
5. Enter your website URL
How to add your business’s service area
If you haven’t already, sign in to Google My Business.
Click the business location for which you want to add or update service areas.
If you manage multiple locations, select the business from the business list.
Click Info from the menu.
Scroll down to the “Service area” section.
Click Add Service Area.
Enter the locations you serve in the “Location(s)” field, using either specific addresses or generalizations like “Greater Los Angeles Area.” If you enter multiple locations, separate them with commas.
Tips for optimizing your Google Business Listing
As a business owner, you know how important it is to have an accurate and up-to-date listing on Google. Your listing is often the first thing potential customers see when they search for your product or service, so it’s important to make sure it’s accurate and reflects your business in the best possible light.
There are a few different ways to edit your Google Business Listing, depending on whether you’re using the desktop version or the mobile app. We’ll walk you through both methods so you can choose the one that’s best for you.
To edit your listing on the desktop version of Google, first sign in to Google My Business. Then, find and click on the listing you’d like to edit. From there, you can edit any of the information in your business profile, including your business name, address, phone number, hours of operation, website URL, and photos.
If you’re using the mobile app, open the app and sign in to your Google account. Then, tap on the three lines in the top left corner to open the menu. Next, tap on “Your listings” and select the listing you’d like to edit. From there, you can edit any of the information in your business profile just as you would on the desktop version.
Once you’ve made all of your changes, be sure to click “Save” (on desktop) or “Done” (on mobile) to save them. That’s it! You’ve now successfully edited your Google Business Listing.