If you’re no longer using a Business Manager account, you can delete it. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
Checkout this video:
Introduction: what is a Business Manager account and why you might want to delete it
A Business Manager account is a Facebook account that’s used to manage Pages, ad accounts and other assets for your business. If you’re no longer using your Business Manager account, you can delete it.
How to delete a Business Manager account
If you’re an admin of a Business Manager, you can delete it from Facebook. To delete your Business Manager:
Click in the top right of Facebook.
Click Business Settings.
Click Accounts in the left column.
Click the business_manager account you want to delete, then click Delete Account.
Click Delete [Business Manager].
What happens when you delete a Business Manager account
When you delete a Business Manager account, all of the following will happen:
-All Page roles and ad accounts associated with the Business Manager will be deleted.
-Any Pages that were created with the Business Manager will be deleted.
-All user permissions associated with the Business Manager will be removed.
How to recover a deleted Business Manager account
If you delete your Business Manager account, you will no longer have access to your Pages or ad accounts. You will need to create a new Business Manager account to regain access.
To recover a deleted Business Manager account:
1. Go to business.facebook.com/recover
2. Enter the email address or phone number associated with your deleted account
3. Click Search
4. Follow the instructions on the screen to recover your account
Tips for avoiding having to delete your Business Manager account
There are a few things you can do to avoid having to delete your Business Manager account:
– Be sure to keep your contact information up to date.
– Make sure you have a valid credit or debit card on file.
– Use the Facebook Ads Manager regularly.
– If you’re not using your account, consider deactivating it instead of deleting it.
FAQs about deleting Business Manager accounts
We know that sometimes businesses need to close their Facebook Page or Advertising account. We’re here to help you through that process.
To delete your Business Manager:
– Click Settings at the top of your Page
– From General, click Remove Page
– Click Delete [Page]
– Click Delete Your Page
If you don’t see the option to delete your Page, it’s possible that:
– Another admin of the Page hasn’t confirmed the request to delete the Page. You can remove that admin from the Page and then try again.
– You or another admin recently unlinked a Facebook ad account from the Page, which put a hold on deleting the Page. You’ll need to wait 14 days from when the ad account was unlinked before you can delete the Page.
Alternatives to deleting your Business Manager account
There are a few alternatives to deleting your Business Manager account:
-If you want to take a break from using Business Manager, you can deactivate your account. This will hide your account and all of its content from other users, but you’ll be able to reactivate it at any time by logging back in.
-You can also remove yourself as an admin from a Page or ad account without deleting the account. If you’re an admin of multiple Pages or ad accounts, you can remove yourself as an admin of one without affecting your role in the others.
Further reading on Business Manager accounts
There are a few different ways to delete a Business Manager account. You can delete the account through the Business Manager settings, or you can delete the account through Facebook.
If you delete your Business Manager account through Business Manager settings, all of your data will be permanently deleted. This includes your Page, ads, and audiences. If you want to keep any of this information, you’ll need to export it before you delete your account.
If you delete your Business Manager account through Facebook, your Page will be deleted but all of your other data will remain intact. This means that you can still access your ads and audiences from your personal Facebook account.
To learn more about how to delete a Business Manager account, please read this article from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/www/966537667280055
How to contact Facebook about Business Manager account issues
If you’re an admin of a Business Manager and you need to delete your account, you first need to request access from Facebook. To do this, fill out this form.
Once you have access, go to the Business Settings page in Business Manager. Click Accounts > Ad Accounts. Select the account you want to delete and click Delete Account.
To delete your Business Manager account:
1. Click Business Settings in the top left of your Page.
2. Click Accounts in the left column.
3. Select the Business Manager account you want to delete, then click Remove Account.